Wednesday, January 21, 2009

TOKENS

Clayton has been going to a church near our house on Wednesday nights. Our church does not currently have a Wednesday night program for kids, which I am actually fine with, but we have been trying to work on Clayton's social skills with his peers and thought this would be a great opportunity.
The program is called AWANAS and it is basically like boy scouts except they memorize scripture and get tokens. He has only been going for about a month and the program started in the fall so you would think that he would be behind everyone else. But the great thing about this program is that all of the kids are encouraged to work at their own pace, not as a class, and each child is rewarded with something. So no child really can be left behind! (sorry, got political there for second and tried to make a joke but I am back now.)
Tonight, Clayton memorized his first scripture and came home so excited about his shiny new tokens! He also got a t-shirt which officially names him as a SPARK! Go CLAYTON!
Four years ago many "people" told us not to get too much hope up about how he will do in school. WHATEVER!!!! Wish they could see him now!
So tonight I will rest in the FACT that tokens are proof that "with God, all things really are possible"! And yes I've quoted that scripture before, and I am thankful that I will be able to quote it again tomorrow!
PS--forgive the serious tone of this writing. I am sure I will find some weird to write about tomorrow!

2 comments: