Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY DRIVING

Good Morning! It is snowing here today! So far we have about an inch or more. Our area of the county is always different from other parts in regards to how much snow we get. Here is how it works, if we get nothing than someone else gets a lot and if we get a lot then someone else gets nothing, which is the case today!
But there seems to be a misconception when it comes to driving in the snow here. I have noticed that most people think you have to have a four wheeled drive to live in our area because of the snow. But do we really get enough snow to justify buying a four wheeled drive? I am thinking that a four wheeled drive comes in handy when there is a lot of snow. But is 2-3 inches really considered a lot? My husband had to go into work today. He called when he got there and said our road was pretty heavy with snow and had not been scraped so he had to be careful. Now, I bet your thinking that we are thankful we have a four wheeled drive since the road was heavy with snow, but that is not the case.
Now don't misunderstand me. I am a country girl and would love nothing more than for someone to drive a 2009, four door, 4 wheeled, turbo, diesel, heavy duty, truck with a 5th wheel into my driveway and say "Congratulations, you've won!" But until that happens or until we move more north I am proud to say that while four wheeled drives are great, nothing drives better in this snow like an 80 something, 4 door, front wheel drive, gasoline powered, Honda accord! Besides, I thought four wheeled drive trucks were for playing in the mud?
Have a fun and safe Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment