Friday, January 16, 2009

The Birds

Mercy sakes alive The Birds are at it again!!!! I know you've heard of the Bird Flu but have you ever heard of a Double Bird Strike? If you are like the rest of us in the real world you've probably never heard of Double Bird Strike until yesterday. So let's investigate.
Now my friend Amie knows very well that I do not like geese and has always hoped I would see them with a little more kindness, or at least dodge them when they are in the road. This email should bring my precious friend a little hope.
I am a HUGE animal lover of all kinds except for two species, geese and spiders. I don't like spiders because they can be small enough to climb in my nose or ear while I am asleep and big enough to bite my entire head off whether I am awake or asleep, (or at least in the movie Arachnophobia they did). But as for geese, yes they are beautiful, but they seem to not have been taught any manners in the "restroom" department. Now while I do not argue their lack of hygiene, I do not dare think they would actually be terrorist. A Double Bird Strike makes it sound like someone brainwashed these poor little yucky creatures into flying into a plane's engine in order to cayuse a tragedy. Who in the world comes up with these titles? And how in the world did "they" not think we would find this title a little funny? And if I were a goose I would be a little offended!
So while I am not the biggest fan of geese, I must defend this Double Bird Strike terrorist theory and say thank you to the geese for their part in allowing us to watch a miracle. Maybe they weren't terrorists at all. Maybe they were willing participates dedicated to allowing our God to be glorified in a major way.
Oh my goodness I can't believe I am saying this-GO GEESE!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Love the pro-geese prose. One for the geese! Just don't poop on my car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I did have to beat one off with a lasagna once. Disturbing!

    ReplyDelete