Tuesday, March 31, 2009

HELP! I've been inspired by Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus has a new song out called The Climb (I think:)). I was just listening to it and it actually really inspired me by its truth! I am copying a link to the lyrics at the bottom just so you can take a look.
Here is what I felt the Lord saying to me through the song. No matter whether we want a mountain to climb or not, they are always going to be there. We can choose to sit at the bottom, dream, and listen to the lie that says we don't have the power to get to the top, OR we choose to take the first step toward the top. When we choose to move, we then realize that the climb to the top becomes more amazing then the actual mountain itself! The climb is what changes us. It makes us stronger and weaker.
Explain: Stronger, because we realize that it is possible to move! It increases our self esteem and self confidence. When we get to the top we suddenly feel empowered to look at "the lies" and say SHUT UP when we face the next mountain! (Don't tell Clayton I said that word!)
Weaker, because we realize that in order to get to the top we have to be willing to recognize our weaknesses and use the equipment necessary to get to the top. Shoes, depending on the mountain, with spikes to dig into the snow, or just traction to grip into the rock. A rope to wrap around you when you slip. A pair of gloves to protect you as you reach out. A helmet to keep you from damaging what makes your heart beat just in case you bump your head. And this is not just any old equipment. This has to be the best equipment to support you, not bring you back down.
Life is so full of mountains. We can choose to stare at them from the bottom. Or, we can choose to take the first step and gain confidence. Then we can continue to climb and allow others to help us. Friends who will help us stay on the right path, whether painful or not. Friends to hold onto us when we just need to rest after a fall. Friends who will protect us as we reach out to grab hold of the things we want. Friends who are willing to help us protect our hearts. The best friends!
After my last miscarriage I seriously did not think I could make it. Actually, I knew I couldn't make it over that mountain on my own. My first step was just saying HELP, I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP! (I can only be serious for so long!)
That mountain of grief was way too big for me to climb on my own. But with the right equipment, my family and my friends, I was able to get to the top. I will always have days of sadness and wishing! But it will be while I look out at the beautiful view from the top, not the scary view from the bottom.
So no matter what mountain you are staring at today, it really is worth the climb! Just don't climb it alone! And make sure you have the BEST equipment! I love you all very much!
http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/miley-cyrus-lyrics/the-climb-lyrics.html

1 comment: