Friday, June 1, 2012

Turning Eleven

Clayton is turning eleven in six days..  How did we get here so fast.  It seems like we were just starting to try to get pregnant, and now we are done.  Turning eleven means a lot to him.  He said he was just ten and now he will be in his ten's!  Well turning eleven means a lot to me too.
Turning eleven means time is going by fast and I need to make sure I'm spending every moment I can watching him, laughing with him, "instructing" him, and plain old loving on him through all of those things and so much more.
The above means turning eleven is saying to the calendar, slow down. 
Turning eleven means he's almost big enough to sit up front in the car.  But it doesn't mean he has control of the radio.
Turning eleven also means he's ALMOST a preteen.  ALMOST!
Turning eleven means he's officially the oldest kids among most of our friends.  He's in a new category all together, but I love that he doesn't care and loves to play with all of them.
Turning eleven means a lot more too, and a lot to both of us.  But there is one thing it does not mean.  It does not mean he is not my baby.  He will always be my 5 pound 8 ounce little monkey.  He's just heavier and I can actually understand what he's saying.
Slow down calendar.  Slow down just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment