Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Unexpected Part 2

I got two coupons in the mail from CVS a month ago saying if I transferred or brought in a new prescription I would get a $25 gift card for each one. So I welcomed myself to CVS and came out with $50 worth of gift cards! Thinking I would save them for Christmas or other necessities I have been holding tightly to them.
Then Operation Christmas Child came up on the screen of our church and that was all it took for me to know that I needed to spend those cards on items for one boy and one girl. Of course it wasn't as easy as it sounds. All of you know I am not a girly girl but CVS had this big red bag that I thought I would buy with my gift card, wrap it up, and put "To Leslie From Santa" on it for Christmas. AND since things have been so tight this year I was really more concerned about saving them for things like toothpaste, shampoo, soap, all of those things that we need just in case Richard took a third pay cut. But I decided to use them for the kids and had a blast doing it!!!! It was so much fun getting items they both would need and then fun stuff like a My Little Pony and other little toys! (And mercy sakes, if God can give me free flooring through the entire house than surely he can handle those few little items we MIGHT need! Forgive me for forgetting so quickly Lord.)
Here's the unexpected part. When I came out of the store I was reading my receipt and at the bottom was ANOTHER coupon for a $25 gift card for a new or transferred prescription. Since I hadn't needed to fill my others which were at Wal-Greens I happily moved one of them today! $4 prescription for $25 gift card. Now I'm going to use it to buy some stuff for an outreach we are doing at our church. God is so cool! And who says that satan is the only one who can be doing things behind our backs without us seeing them! HA HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment